Your Ad Here

"It's business. I never had any problems with Bob Arum. Matter of fact, my best fights have been with Bob," - Shane Mosley

Former five-time world titlist and future Hall of Famer 'Sugar' Shane Mosley is ready to move forward with his boxing career, and no, he is not talking about retirement at all. The 39-year-old Mosley was conspicuously seen during the post-fight press conference of the Pacquiao-Margarito card promoted by Top Rank Promotions last Saturday night in Arlington, Texas.

Mosley's presence in the post-fight press conference was surprising considering that he is a partner in Golden Boy Promotions which has an ongoing and much-publicized dispute with Top Rank. I took the opportunity together with some other media personnel to ask Mosley about important matters regarding his career. Mosley had recently announced hiring a new advisor in J Prince, and with his appearance at the Top Rank presser, signs definitely were pointing towards change.

PHOTO GALLERY: CELEBS, FANS AND BEAUTIFUL FACES SPOTTED AT PACQUIAO MARGARITO (CLICK TO VIEW)

Mosley expressed his desire to fight Pacquiao next and despite being impressed by Pacquiao's performance against Margarito, believes he had a much more definitive victory over the disgraced Mexican when they fought in January of 2009.

When asked what it would take for him and Richard (Schaeffer of GBP) to make the Pacquiao fight happen, Mosley replied, "It wouldn't be Richard, I will do it myself. He won't be involved with it because Top Rank and Golden Boy have a problem, so I have to stick my side to boxing and do it myself.. I'm with J Prince."

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO OF THIS INTERVIEW BY CLICKING HERE

Mosley also admitted that he and his new advisor Prince have already visited the Top Rank offices to discuss future fights with Top Rank fighters.

"It was both of us. We talked a little bit to see what's available with the Top Rank fighters over here and what's going on with Margarito and Pacquiao."

Surely, fans will definitely react unfavorably if a Pacquiao-Mosley fight is announced instead of the fight they truly have been clamoring for which is a fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather, but with Mayweather having to deal with a plethora of legal matters on top of his many excuses not to fight Pacquiao, what other big named fighters are out there really for Pacquiao to face? When asked about Pacquiao-Mayweather, Mosley said, "I think Floyd would fight him, but I dont think he could fight him right now. I think he would, but I don't think he can. He has a lot of things going on right now."

Asked if GBP would still have to be involved based on his contractual obligations to them if he is indeed to fight Top Rank fighters like Pacquiao, Mosley replied, "I was never in contract with them for a while. I'm a partner with Golden Boy, I don't have a contract with Golden Boy. I haven't been in a contract with them for the last 2 years, me and Bernard."

And if he were to fight Pacquiao, what promotional outfit would it be under? "It would be under Shane Mosley Promotions," Mosley responded.

With the way Mosley was talking, it was as if GBP was already far behind on his rear-view mirror, but as far he is concerned, he is simply doing what's best with what's left in his boxing career. Asked if the recent moves he's made and plans of fighting Top Rank fighters would hurt his relationship with GBP, Mosley replied, "It could, it might, but my career is coming to an end so.." and added, "I will never cut ties or friendships, but if they want to cut off my stock or whatever in Golden Boy, that's one thing, but I don't think it's necessary to cut my friendship with them."

The ultimate insult might be when Mosley put his career in proper perspective and said, "It's business. I never had any problems with Bob Arum. Matter of fact, my best fights have been with Bob. All my best fights have been with him, even my fights with Oscar. I fought Oscar, I fought Margarito, all my big fights have been with Bob Arum."

Expect another big one to be announced soon.


Source: http://www.examiner.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top