Your Ad Here

"Pacquiao has already shown interest outside of boxing and his interest is a career deciding things. For him to go into Congress, that could be a career. He can be an old dude doing that. And Pacquiao believes in his people, so he's not going to take the seat just to be a trophy piece. Pacquiao is in that seat to make a change for his people and the better he gets at it, the more occupied he's going to get into that and eventually, that's going to pull him away from boxing...we might be looking at a Bernard Hopkins/Roy Jones Jr. 2 thing, man, or a Ray Leonard/Tommy Hearns 2. Who is gonna wait that long for it to maintain that same combustible feeling? Because now, we're ready to see Pacquiao again. See, coming off of Pacquiao blowing out Cotto, and Mayweather doing his thing, you had everybody and you were rocking and rolling, but now, we're going to keep on waiting and keep on waiting and it's going to get to the point where the diehards will always be there, but the general fans ain't going to be there," stated world-class trainer Naazim Richardson as he shared his thoughts on whether or not the highly-anticipated showdown between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will ever take place. Check out what he had to say about that, the character that resembles him in the new movie "Lottery Ticket", and much more.

PC: I gotta get your thoughts on the way the Pacquiao/Mayweather situation turned out because I have received several emails from people wanting your opinion on the matter.

NR: That Pacquiao/Mayweather fight has gotten to the point where...Pacquiao has already shown interest outside of boxing and his interest is a career deciding things. For him to go into Congress, that could be a career. He can be an old dude doing that. And Pacquiao believes in his people, so he's not going to take the seat just to be a trophy piece. Pacquiao is in that seat to make a change for his people and the better he gets at it, the more occupied he's going to get into that and eventually, that's going to pull him away from boxing. The thing is does it distract him right now? If he's going to do it, he should take his ass on over there and do it. That's the question and that's the thing that everyone is going to put out there if he crashed landed [loses to Margarito] right now. But the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight is an intriguing fight; it's an interesting fight, but we might be looking at a Bernard Hopkins/Roy Jones Jr. 2 thing, man, or a Ray Leonard/Tommy Hearns 2. Who is gonna wait that long for it to maintain that same combustible feeling? Because now, we're ready to see Pacquiao again. See, coming off of Pacquiao blowing out Cotto, and Mayweather doing his thing, you had everybody and you were rocking and rolling, but now, we're going to keep on waiting and keep on waiting and it's going to get to the point where the diehards will always be there, but the general fans ain't going to be there.

And these guys both had the general fans in their hands at one point. You're supposed to jump on that and run with it. The one thing I like about my athlete [Shane Mosley] is it's not going to be 16 months this time. When the Berto fight fell out, we were supposed to fight somebody. I mentioned a young kid that was coming up out of Philadelphia; this young kid named Mike Jones. I just mentioned his name because I felt like he is somebody that's going to be reckoned with in the future in the welterweight division, and yes, I do know him personally, so it would have been a good payday for him. I ain't got no problem with watching a young brother make some money, honestly. I don't have a problem with that, but Pacquiao/Mayweather, it's going to be the question that the world is asking, man. I'm starting to put that thing over there in the room with Mike Tyson biting somebody's ear, man. Pacquiao/Mayweather, Pacquiao/Mayweather, Pacquiao/Mayweather...are they going to fight?

PC: The movie "Lottery Ticket" is a hit. A lot of people feel Ice Cube is portraying you to some degree. What are your thoughts on that?

NR: Like I said, I was watching it and I had a couple of my young bucks with me and they turned and looked at me and said, "Yo, he kind of looks like you." (Laughing) I put it like this, if that's real, it's flattering. That's cool. I have just been really watching the public and the response I've been getting from the public, even after the Mayweather fight, it's just been unbelievable. And it's crazy because when you win, you don't know who is genuine and who's not sometimes. But it's just fascinating to me the way people have been approaching me like, "Yo man, I heard your story and I'm pulling for you guys man." one of the other things that really makes me feel good is when people stop me and say, "I like how you carried yourself, man." I was on the expressway and I had just pulled out from the Philadelphia Zoo and stopped at the light, and there was this lady behind me and she was Muslim. She said, "Naazim Richardson." I turned around and looked because I thought I knew her. She said, "Me and my husband was watching you on 24/7 and we were so proud to be Muslims, we didn't know what to do with ourselves." I just sat back and was like, "Whoa!"

It's like I told them, when you pray, you pray for wins, but I pray to prepare me for whatever happens. They are great fights; there are super fights and then there are those fights and you may never get another shot at those again in life. I look at what Emanuel Steward said after the fight. A guy was telling me how Emanuel was saying, "Shane didn't look right early against Mayweather," and I'm like, "Who would know better than Emanuel?" The last fight that was fought like that was Hearns and Leonard, an inexperience I wouldn't see things of that magnitude. You would have had to walk through a fight like that to see. He asked me about it and I couldn't argue with it. I respect Emanuel as a commentator and I respect his eye. This is what boxing is. I don't see Eddie Mustafa Muhammad no differently. People want to jump off the bandwagon and whatnot, but I don't see anything different in Eddie Mustafa Muhammad. He's been teaching young Chad Dawson for a long time and I'm sure they will be back and they will be something to be reckoned with. It wasn't their night the other night.


Source: http://www.fighthype.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top