Your Ad Here

When I was contacted by my friend Rachel Charles about doing an interview with one of the sports living legends, I jumped at the chance. Famed Muhammad Ali trainer Angelo Dundee is involved with the reopening of the 5th street gym in Miami Florida. The great Ali will be in attendance for the grand opening later this month. We spoke about the new gym, and a plethora of other topics ranging from Ali, to Mayweather, to Pacquiao, to the heavyweight division.

Dundee believes that the fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao will happen. I asked him who he thought would win if and when the two do eventually fight, "I think Floyd Mayweather will win this fight. Styles make fights. I think this fight will happen and I think Floyd will beat Pacquiao."

Despite Floyd Mayweathers latest legal issues, Dundee showed him some support, "Floyd is a nice kid, he is a nice kid, people might say 'no' he isn't, but he is, he is a nice kid. He is a very nice human being." The legendary trainer spoke about an interview that he did with him once, and was impressed with how nice Floyd was to him, "when I spoke with him, the kid put his arm around me and was as nice as can be."

Listen to the full Podcast with Angelo Dundee HERE

Dundee went on and spoke about why he thinks Floyd would beat Pacquiao, "Mayweather is the best fighter around in my opinion. The way he does things effortlessly, and he is very effective with his punches, and how he traps his opponents."

Angelo had plenty of nice things to say about Manny Pacquiao as well. He's very impressed with what Manny has done with his career, "Pacquiao is an amazing kid. He's got an entire country on his shoulders. He's a good kid, and he's good for boxing."

I went out this afternoon and got some thoughts from boxing fans about Angelo Dundee, a true boxing legend. I spoke with a few Korean war vets in Jackson, MS. I wanted to get some thoughts from guys that grew up watching Dundee train Ali in the prime of things. I spoke with David Craig, an old time boxing fan and got his thoughts on Angelo Dundee, "Man you spoke with him today? Dundee is a legend, a true throwback to the past. We don't have trainers like him anymore. I am glad to know that he's still in good health and doing his thing." Angelo Dundee is truly a boxing iconic figure.

Hopefully we will see if Dundee's prediction will come true or not. Mayweather and Pacquiao is still the fight that most boxing fans want to see.


Source: http://www.examiner.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top